At Open Robotics, we work with industry, academia, and government to create and support open software and hardware for use in robotics, from research and education to product development. We develop and maintain the core of the Robot Operating System (ROS), and Gazebo, a 3D multi-robot simulator. Powered by the support of a global community, these tools are relied upon by hundreds of thousands of users and developers working with every type of robot imaginable.
The unifying theme of our team and our work is openness. We use and we build open systems, and we foster an open source community that is at the heart of our projects.
We are seeking motivated, friendly, collaborative individuals with excellent software skills and an interest in robotics. Direct experience with robotics is a plus, but not a requirement. All positions are preferred to be full-time and on site at one of our offices (Mountain View, California or Singapore). However, we are open to the possibility of part time and offsite opportunities.
Benefits include full health care coverage, a 401k plan with employer contributions, and compensation commensurate to degree and experience.
Open Robotics is committed to building a culturally diverse team and we encourage applications from women and members of other traditionally underrepresented groups in the tech community.
We maintain an open and interactive work environment and take pride in striking a sustainable work/life balance. We develop software in the open and collaborate freely with colleagues at other companies and universities. We approach the engineering and science of robotics systems with a focus on quality and usability, and we aim for our work to have impact far beyond our team. We believe that we’re changing the world with what we’re doing, and we hope that you agree.
To apply, please click on a job below and use the "Apply for this job" button on the next page.
Life at Open Robotics
We asked our team what they enjoy about working at Open Robotics, and these are some of the responses:
- We make tools that are free and with permissive licenses, and as a result our software impacts users from around the world working on a wide range of projects.
- Through consulting, we get to apply our tools to a variety of robotics projects ourselves.
- Working on open source projects means the work you're proud of is publicly visible, which is great for your online presence as an engineer.
- In contrast to the typical experience of working with clients that throw bug reports over the fence, our users are roboticists themselves and often work to submit code improvements alongside us.
- The impact of our tools at times can be indirect and "behind the scenes," but it does not go unnoticed.
- Our small, culturally-diverse team regularly organizes events together such as happy hour, barbecues and games nights.
- We have a relaxed office environment with flexible working hours and a family-friendly work-life balance.
Check out the blog to see what life at Open Robotics is like.