Be an intern!
Open Robotics offers multiple internship positions for students or early-career engineers with interest in robotics. We maintain a fun and collaborative work environment that offers many opportunities to learn new skills and techniques. All interns have a mentor who help define the scope of the project, provide support and evaluate progress.
Interns have two main project choices:
- Open-ended project: One of the main rewards of an internship is to be able to work side by side with new people, in a new environment and in contact with different technologies. If you're looking for a break in your current research topic, you want to learn new things, or you just want to feel how is to work as another peer in a project, then this is your chance to do it!
- Scoped project: This alternative requires you to define a project with an appropriate scope given your experience and timeline. Usually, scoped projects consist of adding new features to Gazebo, ROS, or any of our most used tools or libraries. You can visit the list of ideas that we use for Google Summer of Code and Outreachy programs as an inspiration. We also encourage you to use your creativity and come up with your own project based on your interest. Creativity is always welcome!
NICE TO HAVE'S
- Experience building and distributing large collections of open-source software
- Experience in QA
- Cross-platform deployment experience on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows
- System-administration experience
Timeline & application
- September 1, 2016 - February 19, 2017: Application period
- February 20 - February 28, 2017: Review applications and conduct interviews
- March 1, 2017: Send decisions
FALL, WINTER, SPRING
- We host interns year-round. If you're interested in an internship during fall, winter or spring, just apply anytime including your availability. We'll come back to you as soon as possible.
- Cover letter, in which you introduce yourself, tell us when you're available, and explain your interest in joining our team
- Resume / CV
- Link(s) to sample(s) of your work, ideally in a publicly-viewable location
- Two references and/or two letters of recommendation
Send your Application Materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.