At Open Robotics, we work with industry, academia, and government to create and support open software and hardware for use in robotics, from research and education to product development.
Working with our global community, we offer two open source products: ROS and Gazebo. Program your robots with ROS and simulate them with Gazebo. These tools are relied upon by hundreds of thousands of users and developers around the world.
The Robot Operating System (ROS) is a set of software libraries and tools that help you build robot applications. From drivers to state-of-the-art algorithms, and with powerful developer tools, ROS has what you need for your next robotics project. And it's all open source.
We offer robotics R&D, consulting, custom engineering, and application development services to industry and government. We work with companies large and small and public agencies around the world. Contact us to learn more.
Whether you want to learn more about Gazebo, need to streamline your ROS-based product development, or are looking for a partner for your next R&D program, we're here to help. We engage in variety of projects, including:
- Simulation-based competitions for science and education
- Bringup of new ROS- and/or Gazebo-based projects and team on-boarding
- Application-specific improvements to our tools, from targeted feature implementation to new platform support
- Design reviews, performance tuning, and advice on how best to apply our tools to specific problems
- Assistance with continuous integration (CI) and build farms, including simulation-based CI for robotics applications
- Development of novel embedded systems, such as smart sensors and programmable actuators
The unifying theme of our team and our work is openness. We use and we build open systems. To the greatest extent possible, we freely distribute our work product, whether software, hardware, or documentation, under an open source license.
Of course we can be open while still keeping secrets when needed. It's no problem for our team be exposed to and work with client-confidential information, from designs and plans to source code. But we aim in each project to allow our team to focus our development efforts on producing more and better open tools that will benefit the broader community. After all, it's the development of those tools that got us where we are today.
Contact us to discuss your next project.